Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Allow me to introduce myself

Topping my list of things to do today: Create blog. Check.

This isn't my first blog. I had to create a blog for what I thougtht would be a dreadful class that I took during my first year of a masters degree at Ryerson - Design for Interactive Media. We ended up covering some pretty cool topics and I started to embrace the courses's blogging component as an interesting way to engage with the material and share thoughts/ideas with classmates and my professor. The blog was pretty much defunct, though, once the class was over and my summer holidays began.

Last summer, I took another stab at blogging. This blog included musings on the joys and agonies of unemployment, how the scorching, mid-afternoon sun made breathing impossible in my non-air conditioned apartment and highlights from a New York Times article about an insightful priest with advice for choosing Mr. Right. I didn't tell anyone that I created it, though, so no one knew that it existed. Go figure.

So now I'm taking the plunge: I'm creating a blog and actually telling people about it!

Now that I can scratch this off my list, I am moving on to the second item of the day: Seek strategies for overcoming severe addiction to Diet Coke.

I kinda fell of the wagon again and started drinking too much low-calorie, caffeinated soda (like, 3 cans a day sometimes). Much like Oprah, I find myself screaming: "How did I let this happen again?"!

3 comments:

  1. aha! Depending on where you live, there are sometimes pianos available at branches of the Toronto Public Library. I know the Parliament branch at Gerrard and Parliament has one...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the interwebs, Kake! Personal blogging can be difficult to stick with, especially when you're not getting paid for it, which you almost never are. My advice: keep the format loose, so you don't paint yourself into a corner. That said, I almost never update my personal blog, so don't listen to my advice.

    I'm jealous of your Masters! I'm about to begin a continuing ed. program at Ryerson re: web design, but yours sounds like much more fun.

    As for your Diet Coke addiction, I've been there, and I eventually kicked it. Replaced mostly with tea. When you start experiencing numbness in your extremities, you'll know it's time to stop with the Aspartame, believe me.

    Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope by diet coke you really mean coke zero. Diet coke is ... *shudder*

    ReplyDelete