Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cheers to rebirth.


Here is part of a message that my friend Barrett sent me on Facebook a while back. The subject, our decaying blogs.

So our blogs are hurtin eh? I just checked yours yesterday after a long time of forgeting about the blogworld and I noticed that you're still running that marathon. Your legs must be PUMPED! I'm still going to nuit blanche...


So then I says to Barrett, I says:

Yes, our blogs are in quite a state of disarray. Maybe I need more pictures? Thing is, my digital camera died during a dance floor disaster at a wedding last summer, so I don’t really have the luxury of uploading artsy shots of my azure toenail polish or my raccoon-ransacked green bin every day. Fascinating stuff, but better represented by a pic, not by words. I’d have to do it old-school styles and get the film from my non-digital Canon developed at the drug store. I think they give you a disk, though, with your pics in digi-form, so I could upload them from that. But it ain’t as free as uploading them straight from your camera, is it? Nothing’s as free as free.

We gave these blogs life. They cannot exist without us. When we neglected them by not updating them, we essentially left them for dead. So if we have the power to birth them and the power to kill them, then surely we have the power to resurrect them? I think I’d like to try that. It could be an experiment for both us. A challenge. We could be each others cheerleaders. Then we could write about...on our blogs : )


So. That's the plan for now. Barrett, are you in?

2 comments:

  1. There is a time for both Eros and Thanatos, but today, there is new life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wunderbar! I'm glad we'll both be back at it.

    ReplyDelete